I don’t have much time left to blog for today, so I will get to the point. Here are my fave fives:
1. The week has been a good one, easier than the previous two weeks. I got to spend more time with my friends. We met on Tuesday, ate at our favorite restaurant, and took some pictures outside of the restaurant. It was a lovely dinner date with these two ladies. I enjoyed every single minute of our time together. On Thursday, I saw them again for what was likely to be our last time spent together in Chicago. I can honestly say that I don’t know if we can have another date together in Chicago again. I can’t predict the future and I can only hope that we will have another Tuesday night dinner date together again, but it may not be the case. Perhaps we can meet somewhere else next time, in another country. I can only hope.
2. On our Thursday night out, two other friends joined us for the dinner. It was a lovely dinner at a nice restaurant. The restaurant was a little bit too loud, but the food was good and the company for the dinner was even better. It was also bittersweet because it was a goodbye dinner. After the dinner some of us went out for some more drinks and talks. I had such a good time, and a hangover the next morning. Luckily I stayed over at Sheila’s place, so I didn’t have to go home in that state of mind. I said goodbye to all of them in the end and it was hard. Lucky me, I had the entire train ride home the next day to process everything, although it was a little bit hard because of the hangover headache 🙂
3. This Friday’s Fave Five meme. On some Fridays, it was harder than usual to come up with five favorite things, but it was also a wonderful exercise to do for the exact reason of trying to find things to be thankful for. This meme has challenged me to stay positive during the most difficult time, which is not easy to do. So thanks to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story
4. The wonderful comments and words of support from my readers. Without your support, I don’t think blogging would be this enjoyable. Some of them have also been so brave to tell their own stories in order to support me with what I’m going through right now, and I appreciate them so much. It is amazing the connection that can happen from a bunch of strangers, connected by the same love of writing and the appreciation of life’s ups and downs.
5. And for the last fave, I’ll save it for the wonderful chocolate martini drink I had on Thursday. Woohoo! I had 3 of them and loved every sip of it!
That’s all for now, folks. Have a wonderful weekend to all of you.